200 examples of qualifying adjectives
Qualifying adjectives are a specific type of adjective, whose function is to indicate the qualities of a noun, be it person, animal or thing. For example, "My daughter Maria is naughty."Here is a list of 200 examples of qualifying adjectives, followed by some examples in sentences.
It may interest you:
- What is an adjective?
- What is a qualifying adjective?
Sentences with qualifying adjectives
In order to appreciate how qualifying adjectives are used, let's look at some of the examples in sentences.
- José has long hair.
- The day dawned cloudy.
- The morning is radiant.
- What a silky fabric!
- I like happy songs.
- We better buy the cheap phone.
- This luggage is fragile.
- How fat is Manuel!
- That is a smart move.
- I prefer to study in the evening hours.
- I'll buy myself a used car.
- Juana was looking disheveled.
- Pedro is very clumsy at crafts.
- Bring the blue tablecloth, please.
- I love green apples.
- This is one sneaky cat!
- My grandmother has a big house.
- Contemporary painting is incomprehensible.
- We will do a solidarity event.
- The sea is quiet.
Literature also offers us a great opportunity to appreciate the use of qualifying adjectives in sentences. Let's know some examples.
- He was of strong complexion, dry of meat, lean of face, great early riser and friend of the hunt. Don Quijote of La Mancha, Miguel de Cervantes.
- Macondo was then a village of twenty houses of mud and cañabrava built on the bank of a river with clear waters that rushed down a bed of polished, white and enormous stones ... One hundred years of loneliness, Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- He was not the most honest man or the most pious, but he was a brave man. Captain Alatriste, Arturo Pérez Reverte.
- Beatriz was tall, fragile, very slightly inclined: there was in her walk (if the oxymoron is tolerable) a kind of funny clumsiness, a beginning of ecstasy. The Aleph, Jorge Luis Borges.
- That the world is horrible is a truth that needs no proof. The tunnel, Ernesto Sábato.
You may also be interested in: 120 examples of adjectives.