Meaning of Gusto
What is Gusto:
Taste is a bodily sense through which flavors are perceived and recognized. This sense allows the tasting of the different basic flavors: sweet, salty, bitter and sour.
The tongue is the main organ of this sense and has on its surface part of the taste buds, which are small elevations full of sensory cells whose nerve endings receive the flavors of food and communicate to the brain, thus triggering the nerve impulses it has. as a result the taste sensations. If this process is not fulfilled, they are considered insipid sensations, such as water.
Taste is the satisfaction or pleasure that something produces in a person. For example: a taste for outdoor sports, a taste for romantic dramas, a taste for gourmet food, etc.
Also, the term liking refers to the like or dislike that a person or thing can cause in an individual, under this definition we are faced with a subjective conception since each individual or popular culture presents their own tastes and customs.
Taste is also known as the predilection, inclination, vocation and interest of an individual. "He has a taste for painting." Taste, it is also the ability to know how to choose something for its value or beauty, such as: "my sister has good taste in dressing."
On the other hand, liking refers to the physical attraction that one person feels towards another. "My cousin likes her co-worker."
The synonyms of taste are pleasure, satisfaction, complacency, joy, delight, among others. On the other hand, the antonyms are disgust, apathy, reluctance, dislike, disgust, etc.
In English, the word taste when dealing with the bodily sense is translated into taste. On the other hand, if the individual wants to refer to the pleasure or satisfaction that a thing, person or situation produces in him, he uses the term pleasure.
Finally, the word taste is used in colloquial expressions such as:
- Grab the taste, become fond of one thing. For example: "your daughter took a liking to her swimming lessons."
- Dispatch at ease, express ideas, thoughts and / or criticism without shyness. "Dispatch at ease to talk about the new school board."
- Nice to meet you, an expression of courtesy that is used in response when a person introduces himself. “- He is my husband -, - nice to meet you -.
- The pleasure is mine, an expression used in response to the old expression of politeness. "-Much nice to meet you-, -the pleasure is mine-".
- With pleasure, expression of courtesy to indicate the acceptance of a request with great pleasure. "I will take care of your daughter with great pleasure."
Taste and smell
Smell is directly related to the perception of taste sensations. This is because the substances in the mouth release odors that spread through the nose and help in the perception of specific flavors between substances of the same flavor, for example: the difference of the taste of an apple with that of a pear since both They are sweet. That is why, when the individual gets sick, with nasal congestion, he feels difficulty in identifying the odors and perceiving the flavors of the food, so he does not feel the taste of the food.
See the article smell.
- Ageusia: loss or reduction of the sense of taste.
- Dysgeusia: distortion or decrease of the sense of taste, being able to reach the total loss of the sense.