Meaning of Spyware
What is Spyware:
Spyware is a term that comes from English and roughly translates as "spyware." It's about a malware characterized by tracking and collecting private information from a specific computer, without the knowledge or authorization of the user.
It is spyware it is a parasitic program that installs itself in the operating system without the owner, administrator or user being able to notice it. Once installed, the spyware runs always and at all times when the computer is on.
The information collected is then transmitted and serves to identify, without the consent of the user, various potentially useful elements. For instance:
- Identify browsing preferences. From this, the computer is invaded with functions such as pop-up windows and other applications and functions that slow down the device or even create system stability problems.
- It can also steal confidential user information, such as passwords, bank details, etc.
- Other spywares take control of the system and charge highly expensive services, such as telephone services to non-free pornographic sites.
Protection tips against spyware
The best way to protect yourself against a spyware or spyware is to install at least two security systems, such as tools antispyware the firewall or firewall.
Besides that, users should take certain additional precautions. It is recommended:
- Activate controls such as the pop-up blocker.
- Never close pop-up windows on the "close" or "No thanks" buttons. To close the pop-up windows, click on the "x", which is usually in the upper right corner.
- Do not install any potentially dangerous applications. These types of applications are usually those not recognized by Java, Adobe Flash and Quicktime.